The Sky never was the Limit...with God

Ramblings and reflections of one growing in stature and wisdom and in his walk with God :)

12:14 PM

Saturday (Night Fever?)

Etched by Isaac

I woke up today to find that the Internet Connection was actually WORKING!!!

XD

For the past 5 days, I have been eagerly checking whether I could connect to the Internet.

That is why the post below is dated "Tuesday"; I actually started typing it and the Internet conked out halfway. *raises hands in disbelief* Hehe. So...I managed to live without the Internet. Or, rather, was forced to live without it.

The feeling (annoyance/anger/frustration/peeved) of NOT being connected is totally...ooh...cannot describe with words...urgh...utterly .... Well, you get the meaning.

I called up TM yesterday. And argued with three technicians for about an hour. (one at a time)
They all said that there was nothing wrong with the server that provided the Internet Service for the connection.(my house)

Make sure that you connect your computer directly to the wall socket.

*The wall socket is like....6 meters away from the computer...

Is your modem on, sir?

What modem are you using, sir?

Are the lights stable, sir?

Are you using a manual or automatic connection, sir?

Type CMD in the Run dialogue box, sir, and then type ipconfig. Yes. I- India, P-...(forgotten)...

Wah. The guy called me sir. OO.....hahaha~
Pretty polite, too. Before I could get to him, I had to ..

Press 2 for English

*presses 2*

Press 1 ....

Press 2...

Automatic answering machines. The first time I called (not yesterday, but the day before), I hung up in disgust after waiting about 5 minutes for the agents who are currently engaged.

Please bear with us as all our agents are currently engaged. Have a nice day.

The machine didn't say exactly that, but that was how I felt it meant. Argh.

So I got by without the Internet. It has been that way since Tuesday, 7 pm.
The itch to check my Facebook grew stronger and stronger. I want to grow my mob. Lol.

The good side was that I managed to spend more time studying and doing homework. Which brings me to the topic of homework.

Actually, I feel that NOBODY (save a precious dedicated hardworking industrious few gems *quoting Pn Chan - Isaac is a rare gem - you don't find students like him nowadays =D*) actually bothers to put in the much-needed effort and elbow grease to complete their homework nowadays.

Why?

I guess..haha.. they don't feel the need to do the homework. I find that I actually spend more time doing homework than studying. Homework = Study. Understand? While doing homework, the facts enter the brain. You are exposed to the positive learning environment when you do your homework. Homework can be good for you. (unless it's the type that just wastes time or takes a long time to do but gives meagre results).

Hoo... haha... I've been disappearing early after school lately. I need the time. To do homework. To study. To blog check email. To play piano. To read more.

Being a retired prefect is quite relaxing. However, I still feel somewhat annoyed when I hear students speaking Cantonese, Mandarin and Tamil. Arrrggghhh....
I digress.
I rest my case.
I yield.
I acquiesce. (is that spelled correctly?)
I just hold my horses.
I keep mum.
I calm down.
I let go. (NONONONOONONNO)
I ...think about something else. Like Homework. HAhahaha.


I'm appearing in Facebook. It's a total waste of time. But somehow, it attracts me. Oo...selfcontrol comes into practice here..

Abstinence. =D
Pledge. =D
Save it. =D
(only the Form 5s will understand what I mean)


TWO WEEKENDS TO PREPARE FOR TRIALS THREE DAYS TO PREPARE FOR ICAS ENGLISH

ACCOUNTS CLASS ON MONDAY - 2 PM - C1

A MOUNTAIN OF HOPES TO SATISFY

A MOUNTAIN OF WORK TO COMPLETE

A WHOLE WEEKEND TO SPEND WISELY

A DREAM TO ACHIEVE

A LIFETIME TO HELP OTHERS

A GOD TO GLORIFY

A DESTINY AWAITING

THE WORK STARTS NOW



faham-fahamlah. LoL

0 opinions: