The Sky never was the Limit...with God

Ramblings and reflections of one growing in stature and wisdom and in his walk with God :)

10:11 PM

What does it mean??

Etched by Isaac

Only today I realised what it means.

It hit me with full impact.

Knocked the breath out of me. *ok, I'm exaggerating a bit here*

Our Father, who art in heaven,
Hallowed be thy Name.
Thy kingdom come.
Thy will be done,
On earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
As we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
But deliver us from evil.
For thine is the kingdom,
and the power, and the glory,
for ever and ever.
Amen.
- The Lord's Prayer -

Notice the bolded words.

In other words, if and when you pray this prayer, you are actually giving Him (God) permission to take your life and use you to do His Will. That means that whatever He says, you follow.

Now that's a bit scary, isn't it?

What if He asks you to go somewhere you don't want to go?

What if you have to do things you hate?

What if your dreams are dashed to do His bidding?

Tough questions.

Well, it hit me; I prayed that very same prayer today ( for about the hundredth time I think.. ) , but this time it was different.

I felt His presence.

It's.. pretty much undescribable in human words.

There's this unmatched sense of peace and belonging.
It flows, like an oh-so-refreshing wind.
Soothes the soul.
Euphoria for a while.
I can't express it. *sobs*
All the essay-writing skills and adjectives don't help.

I decided to do what the prayer said: To let allow His kingdom to come, to let His will be done, on Earth as it is in Heaven.

No matter what the future holds for me, I'm sure of one thing: He'll be there all the way to guide me, hold me, keep me and protect me. He'll be my pillar of strength in times of need; He'll grant my needs!

Life will never be boring.
How can it be boring when you have an AWESOME GOD to keep you company??

My future is somewhat cloudy; it's either I manage to land that elusive JPA scholarship, or I continue with STPM. God, I commit it to your hands.

=D


I pray too that in Malaysia , His Will will be done.
Grant the leaders Wisdom.
Open Doors, break down Barriers.
We thirst for Transformation and Reformation.
May there be great Change in this nation.
Here on Earth as it is in Heaven.
As we celebrate our 51st Anniversary of Independence.

God Bless Malaysia.
Now and forevermore.
Amen.

0 opinions: