The Sky never was the Limit...with God

Ramblings and reflections of one growing in stature and wisdom and in his walk with God :)

9:53 PM

Thoughts

Etched by Isaac



After all that has been said and done, it all boils down to what you want to achieve in life.
What your purpose is.
Where you want to be.

As Pastor Ong preached, your life is but a sum total of the influences in your life.
And if you don't influence your world, your world will influence you.
And then you will be only like the rest of them.

It is true that to conform is to surrender.

And we should be surrendering to a better cause - Christ's.

God is indeed Good.

I Praise Him for my wonderful IELTS Results. Hallelujah! I got a band 8.5! And I'm happy for those of my friends who did well too and at the same time sad for those who didn't.

One day I will blog with the pictures I have taken all this while.
There are very many pictures to be edited, collaged and posted yet I do not have the adequate time required to go through them.
For I have yet to produce a piece of work that I can proudly call my own without putting in my best effort.
I believe that I should put in my best for everything I do, so I go the extra mile and put in my 110%. As it is said in the Bible, (Colossians 3:23)

"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men," (NIV)

Once I have done my best, I leave it to the hands of God, for His grace is sufficient for me and I know He will never fail me for it is written, 5"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? 26Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? Matt 6:25-27.


One day, I believe, every single person will have to answer to God face to face to account for each and every one of the things he or she has done in his or her life.
That day is indeed Judgement Day.
Again, in the Bible, it is stated that "It is mine to avenge; I will repay. In due time their foot will slip; their day of disaster is near and their doom rushes upon them"

God is good and His mercies endure forever.
It is in times of trouble that you discover who your true friends are, and I thank God for keeping me safe through this storm.

On the same note, I strongly feel that we all need to learn to be less bothered and influenced by what others think of us. There is this proverb in Malay which goes "Berani kerana benar, takut kerana salah" which can be loosely translated to mean that one should be brave if he or she is right, and scared if he or she is in the wrong. The adages say it all. To not be swayed by the disturbances of man, that is the true mark of Character.

And Godly character perhaps?
I certainly hope so.
__________________________________________________________________
Pictures of the weeks. =)












 
  


 

 













0 opinions: